Task Description Sample Task Duties
- Analyzes, patterns, and implements communication solutions for the University’s wide-location data/telecommunications network and regional location networks handles technical responsibilities including Ethernet, TCP/IP, Gigabit Ethernet, SNMP, Novell Interfaces, LAN/WAN connections, Web connectivity, wireless technologies, firewall, HP Openview, Packetshaper appliances, Network Entry Handle Appliances, Packet Analyzers, Video and Voice Above IP technologies.
- Manages outside contractors and pupil technical help personnel on a variety of network projects.
- Oversees and coordinates network styles with Network Architects installs, modifies, and supports network communications hardware performs diagnostics and repairs on communications and related equipment.
- Assists in developing, implementing and supporting performance, function enhancements, and error detection/correction procedures for wired and wireless networks.
- Is offered on a rotating routine and responds to network-associated problems calls.
- Engages in a planned plan of specialist advancement keep continual development in expert skills and understanding important to the position.
- Gives technical input into University wide engineering arranging processes.
- Performs unique tasks and other duties as assigned.
Expertise, Abilities, Capabilities AND Private Qualities
- Expertise of network goods and utilities
- Understanding of network protocols (IP, TCPIP, IPX, NETBUI)
- Expertise of wireless technology
- Information of performing wireless website survey
- Information of information network products: configuration, testing and fix
- Interpersonal/human relations capabilities
- Verbal and written communication capabilities
- Attentiveness to detail
- Robust service dedication
- Capacity to be on phone to solution pages
- Capacity to build network security policies
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Ability to perform in a crew-oriented atmosphere
- Potential to use function-enhanced application, such as use of venture management resources
- Up to date understanding of hardware ,software program and programming particularly relating to that utilised by the company
- Crew functioning and staff management encounter
- Very good negotiating skills
- Good organization and issue solving abilities